Installing the Pixi photo booth software on your Android tablet is as easy as downloading the app through the Google Play Store and following the on-screen prompts.
In this post, we provide step-by-step instructions on how to register your device, install the Pixi app on your tablet, and start using PixiCloud to power your photo booth experience!
Registering Your Device With PixiCloud
- In any web browser (on any device), log in to your PixiCloud account at: www.portal.pixi.cloud
- Select “Devices” in the menu to navigate to the Device Management page
- On the “Device Management” page, click on the green “+Add Device” button if you will be registering a new device, or “click on the “Generate Key” button to register an existing device
- If adding a new device, give it a name and click “CREATE”, then a window will pop up on your screen with a Pixi Registration Key including instructions for how to install the Pixi app on your device
- If using an existing device, your key will appear under “Registration Key”
Installing the Pixi App
- On your Android device, launch the Google Play Store app by tapping on the “Play Store” icon on your tablet
- Create or sign in to your Google Play Store account if your device is not already signed in
- Type “pixilated” in the search bar and tap the search button
- Choose the app called “Pixi” by Pixilated LLC
- Tap the “INSTALL” button and allow device to download and install
- Once installed, tap the “OPEN” button to launch the Pixi photo booth app
Launching the Pixi App and Activating Your Device
- After opening the Pixi photo booth app on your Android device, enter the 8-character Registration Key you generated in the “Registering Your Device With PixiCloud” section above and click “Register Key”
- Next, create your Device Pin which can be any 4-digit number
- Choose your camera. Currently we support the Sony Alpha Series Mirrorless Cameras. To use your Sony camera, click on the “Sony Camera” button, otherwise to use the built-in device camera, click on the “Device Camera” button
Start using the Pixi Photo Booth app!
All event customization and management happens in your PixiCloud user portal. Click here to see how easy it is to create a new event in PixiCloud photo booth software.