We’ve integrated our software with the Sony Camera Remote API, which allows you to choose from several high-end digital cameras.
The Pixi photo booth app can use either the internal tablet camera or can wirelessly tether to several Sony cameras using Wi-Fi direct. Wi-Fi Direct allows two devices to establish a direct Wi-Fi connection without requiring a wireless router. No cords, no internet connection, no problem!
Here are step-by-steps instructions for setting up your Sony camera to connect to the Pixi app for the first time.
(Once you’ve connected it once, you can start at STEP 8 each time thereafter.)
1. On your camera, press the MENU button
2. Navigate to “Wireless” –> “Edit Device Name”
3. On your tablet, in the Pixi app settings, scroll down to find your “Device ID” (it will be a 4 digit number)
4. On your camera, change the device name to match your “Device ID” (same 4 digit number as in step 3)
5. Select “OK”
6. Turn off your camera
7. Turn your camera back on and press the MENU button
8. Navigate to “Application List” –> “Smart Remote Control”
9. Relaunch the Pixi app on your tablet
10. On your camera, select “OK” when your camera attempts to connect to your tablet
11. Take a test photo
Wondering what cameras work best with our app? We’re big fans of mirrorless technology, and we currently recommend:
- Sony Alpha a5100 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm Lens
- Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm Lens
We also support:
- Sony Alpha a5000 Mirrorless Digital Camera
- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX500 Digital Camera
- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX80 Digital Camera
- Sony DSC-QX10 Digital Camera Module for Smartphones
Although we haven’t tested each one, all Sony cameras supported by the Camera Remote API should be compatible with our app.